Uh-oh! Ready for movie night, but your Bose soundbar isn’t cooperating? Don’t stress; you’re not the first. Bose soundbars, like all tech, can have their quirks. But don’t worry, we’ve got expert-recommended solutions right here. Dive into our guide to troubleshoot and get back to that cinematic experience!
Possible issues that may occur to your Bose soundbar
- Doesn’t Turn On: One of the primary concerns with tech devices is power issues. If your Bose soundbar doesn’t power up, especially when you’re expecting guests, it can be quite a letdown.
- Turns Off Automatically: The Bose soundbar has an auto-power-off feature that shuts it down if inactive for over 20 minutes. If it’s turning off unexpectedly, it warrants a closer look.
- Powers On By Itself: If your soundbar turns on without your input, some settings might need adjustment.
Solutions to Bose Soundbar Issues
Facing technical glitches with your Bose soundbar? Here’s a step-by-step guide to get it back on track. Remember, always approach solutions methodically to avoid complicating matters.
- Check the Basics: Before anything, inspect the power. If your soundbar isn’t turning on, examine the power cord and jack. Ensure the cord isn’t stretched too tight.
- Ditch the Batteries: If your soundbar uses batteries and has power issues, plug it directly into a wall socket. If this resolves the issue, replace the batteries.
- Remote, App, and Device Buttons: Test the soundbar’s responsiveness through all control methods. It might respond to one and ignore another. Ensure the Bose Music app is updated, and inspect the remote and device buttons for wear.
- Inspect Cables: Beyond power, check the cable connecting your soundbar to devices like your TV. A damaged HDMI can be the root cause of issues.
- Compatibility: Ensure your soundbar is compatible with your Wi-Fi network and other devices. Always consult the user manual before pairing.
Features and Settings:
- eARC Limitations: Not all Bose soundbars support eARC. If your TV doesn’t either, disable the eARC option in TV settings.
- Connection Overload: If your TV juggles multiple devices, prioritize the soundbar by using a direct cable connection.
- Auto-wake Feature: If your soundbar turns on unexpectedly, disable the auto-wake feature.
- HDMI Nuances: If switching devices on an HDMI connection, reset both the soundbar and TV. Ensure your TV is set to HDMI mode.
Volume and Updates:
- Volume Check: Sometimes, the soundbar might auto-adjust to a low volume. Review and adjust as necessary.
- Stay Updated: Regularly check for Bose soundbar firmware updates and install as needed.
- Soft Reset: If issues persist, unplug all connections for 2 minutes and reconnect.
- Factory Reset: As a last resort, revert your soundbar to its default settings. Follow the reset steps carefully, Firstly, you must disable any voice assistant feature that is activated on your Bose soundbar to avoid any conflicts. After that, press and hold the “Power” and “Skip forward” buttons on your Bose soundbar simultaneously – for around 10 seconds – unless the soundbar restarts. A red light will start blinking, indicating a factory reset.
User Problems and Opinions on Bose Soundbars
Bose 900 Soundbar Glitching Issues
User Problem: Avicii89 reported that their Bose 900 soundbar, despite being a high-end product, constantly glitches and fails to play TV sound. The soundbar sometimes defaults to TV speakers, even when set to play through the soundbar. This glitch seems to be exacerbated when the user plays music from Spotify or the Bose Music app on the soundbar.
User Opinion on Solutions: Avicii89 has tried various troubleshooting steps, including adjusting CEC options, performing factory resets on both the TV and soundbar, swapping HDMI cables, and disabling voice control. However, the only consistent solution seems to be unplugging and rebooting the soundbar multiple times. The user suspects a firmware issue rather than a hardware problem. They also shared workarounds from other users, such as holding down the music button on the remote for a firmware update and disconnecting all HDMI connections before rebooting.
Bose Soundbar 700 HDMI/ARC Issues
User Problem: iComeToLearn mentioned that their Bose Soundbar 700, connected via HDMI ARC, stopped playing sound from their LG B6 TV. The soundbar works fine with other devices, but not with the TV.
User Opinion on Solutions: Several users shared their experiences and potential solutions. pyramid-of-sound humorously suggested throwing the soundbar out the window and buying a Sonos. u/mHealthTalk1 emphasized the poor user experience with Bose products, especially when troubleshooting issues. They shared their own trial-and-error solutions, which sometimes work and sometimes don’t. u/Neat-Skill9832 detailed their issues with the Bose soundbar 900 and shared various remedies they tried, hoping for a firmware update from Bose.
Bose 300 Soundbar Flashing White Light
User Problem: An anonymous user reported that after moving to a new place and plugging in their Bose 300 soundbar, it only flashed white repeatedly and didn’t respond to the remote.
User Opinion on Solutions: Mike DeLand, a former technical instructor, suggested that the flashing white light might be due to a Wi-Fi connectivity issue. He provided steps to reset the soundbar using the remote. If that doesn’t work, he recommended unplugging the soundbar for a few minutes. Fahad Islam, a former IT Officer, indicated that the flashing white light means the soundbar is in setup mode. He provided steps to set up the soundbar using the Bose Music app and also suggested resetting the soundbar to its factory settings if the initial steps didn’t work.
While technology, including Bose soundbars, can have its challenges, many issues can be addressed with the right approach. If the solutions provided don’t resolve the problem, it’s best to contact support. Some issues, especially those related to internal hardware, require expert intervention.
I’m Shaun Conroy, an audiophile & founder of HiFi Audios. Holding a Bachelor’s in Sound Engineering, I bring deep expertise in audio devices and offer insights & recommendations to fellow enthusiasts.