Finished enjoying your music session? Time to pack up. Wait, your JBL Flip 5 won’t turn off? Don’t worry; this is a common issue. Despite having incredible and finest features JBL Flip 5 has a bug in its software. It can sometimes prevent it from turning off. There is nothing to worry about. I’ve also run into the same issue and tried the following methods, which have worked every time for me. Rest assured, I’ve got your back. Let’s fix your speaker.
Ways to Fix a JBL Flip 5 That Won’t Turn Off
Here, I’m sharing a comprehensive guide with all possible solutions for when your JBL Flip 5 won’t turn off.
First Way: Escape Weird Mode
This is the most common reason for the speaker’s buttons to become dysfunctional. You might have gotten into service/weird mode unknowingly by pressing and holding Bluetooth and the play button for a few seconds. Get yourself out of this trouble by following the method.
- Connect the speaker to an external power source (such as a charger).
- Press and hold the Bluetooth and play buttons for 10 seconds to exit service mode.
Go back to your work with ease.
Second Way: Press the Power and Play Buttons Simultaneously
If you’re using an older firmware version of the speaker, this method should work well for you.
- Keep pressing the power button for 15 seconds.
- Release the button once the speaker turns off.
- Wait for a few seconds and turn it on.
Third Way: Press the Power and Play Buttons in Combo
• Press and hold the power and play buttons simultaneously for 15 seconds to turn off the speaker.
Your speaker should now function properly.
Fourth Way: Hold the Power Button Many Times
This is another quick fix for the problem.
- Press the power button four times and long press the fifth time.
- Keep pressing the power button until you hear a power off sound and the blue light goes out.
Turn the speaker back on. Is it functioning properly now?
Fifth Way: Reset Factory Settings
Performing a factory reset will delete all previous settings and improve your device’s functionality.
- Disconnect all devices from JBL speakers.
- Keep pressing the volume down and the play button at the same time until the speaker turns off.
- Turn it on after a few seconds.
Sixth Way: Hold all buttons
None of the methods worked? As a last resort, press and hold all the buttons at once for 10 seconds. Have a pause and now pressing the power off button would shut your device.
One needs to consider the following options in case of hardware issues.
1. Contact Device Company
If you experience button failures or other hardware issues, contact the company for support, especially if your device is still under warranty.
2. Get It Repaired
- Have your device inspected by a professional or take it to a local repair center for repairs.
Unsatisfied with your JBL Flip 5? Why not consider upgrading to Flip 6? Check out our in-depth comparison of JBL Flip 5 vs Flip 6 to help make your decision easier!
Try all the above-mentioned methods one by one until any of them works out. However, sometimes the cause of its sudden inability to turn off remains unknown. If you found these methods helpful, check out our other guides for maintaining your JBL Flip 5.
If your JBL Flip 5 won’t turn on, you can refer to another guide for assistance.
I’m Shaun Conroy, an audiophile & founder of HiFi Audios. Holding a Bachelor’s in Sound Engineering, I bring deep expertise in audio devices and offer insights & recommendations to fellow enthusiasts.