If you’re an avid gamer who enjoys high-end games, investing in an Xbox Series X to enhance your gaming experience is a logical step. However, gaming without immersive audio could be quite off-putting. The TV speakers are not strong enough to create an immersive audio experience, which you might want to replace with a soundbar.
Adding a soundbar to your gaming setup will elevate the gaming experience in general and could also be helpful while watching a movie or show on the TV. However, choosing the best soundbar for your Xbox series X is quite a daunting task, which comprises checking the soundbar’s different features and performance capabilities.
Here’s how to choose the best gaming soundbar for your Xbox Series X.
Factors to Consider to Get the Best Soundbar for Xbox Series X
Adding a soundbar to your Xbox Series X can significantly enhance your gaming experience by providing an immersive audio experience. Here are some factors to consider before picking a soundbar to make your purchase worthwhile.
- Size and Design: When selecting a soundbar, size and design are key considerations. Choose a soundbar that not only fits well in your home theater space but also complements your TV and room’s aesthetics. Larger soundbars often come with bigger sound drivers, enhancing sound quality. Ensure the soundbar’s size aligns well with your TV, especially if you’re looking for a seamless fit..
- Connectivity: Another important factor to consider is the connection types that the soundbar supports. Since you want to connect your Xbox Series X to the soundbar, you need an HDMI connection to do so. The soundbar must have an HDMI port to establish the connection. Furthermore, you’ll also have to connect your soundbar to the TV, so your soundbar should have diverse connectivity options, including HDMI ARC, digital optical, and Bluetooth.
- Gaming Feature: As you’re purchasing the soundbar for gaming purposes, you may choose one with a low latency mode or gaming feature. This feature allows faster data transmission while reducing audio delays, making the audio match the action on screen.
- Audio Quality and Features: Audio quality and additional features are crucial in a soundbar. Look for advanced features like Voice Assistants and audio commands for convenient hands-free control. Assess the soundbar’s sound signature; some emphasize lower frequencies for a bass-heavy experience, while others offer a balanced audio profile. Consider models with virtual surround sound for an immersive audio experience akin to a surround sound setup. Also, check the supported audio formats to ensure compatibility with your preferences. Additionally, a soundbar with an integrated subwoofer can significantly enhance the bass, enriching the overall sound quality.
- Price and Brand: Upgrading your speakers doesn’t have to break the bank. Soundbars compatible with the Xbox Series X come in a variety of price ranges. While higher-priced models offer advanced features and specifications, there are also quality options available at more affordable prices. When selecting a soundbar, consider both your budget and the reputation of the brand to ensure you’re making a choice you can trust and enjoy.
- Reviews and Recommendations: If you’re choosing a soundbar online, you must read previous buyers’ reviews on that product. These reviews provide you with details about the products that are coming from the user experience. Furthermore, they’ll tell you about the aspects of the soundbar that the specifications list won’t. You may also consider the recommendations from different home theater or gaming experts to make the right decision.
8 Best Soundbar for Xbox Series X: High-end Soundbars
If budget is not a concern and you’re looking for high-end options, the Samsung HW-Q800A is one of the best choices for your Xbox Series X. It has a sturdy design and a metal grill that wraps the sound drivers and protects them from external damage.
Its audio response is impressive, featuring front, left, and right channels, two upward-firing channels, and a subwoofer, all contributing to an enhanced audio experience. It supports high-end audio formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, four additional audio settings, and an eARC connection, which allows a high transmission rate.
Finally, this soundbar offers wireless connectivity via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and has a game mode that optimizes the directivity of audio emitted from each side of the soundbar.
- Diverse connection options.
- Amazing sound signature.
- Comes with a subwoofer for enhanced bass.
- Four audio modes.
- Sturdy build.
- Supports Dolby Atmos format.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Only one HDMI input.
- Limited EQ functionality.
Another amazing choice for your Xbox Series X is the Sonos Beam Gen 2 soundbar, which has a compact size and minimalist design to seamlessly fit your home theater aesthetics. It has a hard and sturdy steel, aluminum, and high-quality polymer build, alongside a polycarbonate grill to protect the sound drivers.
This soundbar has a frequency response of 55HZ to 20 KHz, has one central tweeter, one mid-woofer, and three passive radiators to deliver pretty descents bass, mids, and trebles for its size. Furthermore, Sonos Beam Gen 2 offers many sound customization options, supports Dolby Atmos audio formats and has diverse connectivity options, including HDMI and HDMI ARC.
- Compact size and immersive sound experience.
- Sound customization options.
- Diverse connectivity options.
- Sturdy build.
- Supports Dolby audio formats.
- No Bluetooth Option
- Not efficient in delivering heavy bass.
This soundbar is equipped with a high bandwidth HDMI 2.1 port, which supports all the latest gaming features and has a faster transmission rate. This soundbar integrates four subwoofers, two suspension tweeters, and a wireless subwoofer for deep impressive bass, decent mids, and clear trebles.
In addition, this soundbar has a powerful audio output of 800 watts with a frequency response of 28 Hz to 20 KHz. It produces a real 360-degree sound effect through its eight individual drivers and supports Dolby Atmos for best audio results.
- High-quality audio delivery supports Dolby Atmos.
- Sturdy build.
- Clear dialogue delivery.
- Comes with a wireless subwoofer.
- HDMI 2.1 port to support the latest gaming features.
- The remote control and the user interface are not user-friendly.
Another choice of high-end soundbars for the Xbox series X is the Sonos-ARC soundbar. It features 11 high-performance drivers, with two upward-firing drivers to enhance the Dolby Atmos effect. Furthermore, it supports Dolby audio formats like Atmos and DTS:X and features Trueplay Tuning, which adjusts the sound profile of the soundbar according to the room’s acoustics.
In addition, it integrates the voice control feature for hands-free control of the sound (voice assistants) and offers wired and wireless connectivity options, i.e., HDMI eARC and Wifi.
- Sturdy build, modern and sleek design to fit the room aesthetics.
- User-friendly setup and control.
- Dolby Atmos formats integration.
- Adaptive technology.
- Amazing audio response, loud and room-filling.
- No Bluetooth.
- It doesn’t have a separate subwoofer.
- Have a single HDMI eARC port.
Best Soundbars for Xbox Series X: Budget-Friendly
The first in-budget soundbar option is Vizio 2.0, with a decent, durable plastic design and a mesh covering to protect the sound drivers. It has two full-range speakers that can deliver powerful audio to fill the room and don’t distort or crack even at higher volumes. However, it has no separate subwoofer to deliver a deep bass response.
It has diverse connectivity options, including Digital optical, auxiliary port, and Bluetooth to connect the soundbar to the Xbox Series X. It doesn’t have an integrated HDMI port, so you can’t connect it to your Xbox via a wired connection.
- Supports DTS: Virtual X.
- Has diverse connectivity options.
- Has a decent audio performance.
- Affordable price
- Doesn’t have a separate subwoofer.
- Doesn’t have an HDMI connection for wired connectivity.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly soundbar without compromising too much on quality, the Panasonic Sound Slayer is a great option. This soundbar is short and compact, yet it supports high-quality audio formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS: X.
This soundbar also has dedicated audio presets for gaming, i.e., RPG mode and FPS mode, which enhances the gaming experience by providing accurate spatial audio. It has diverse connectivity options like digital optical, HDMI, HDMI ARC, and Bluetooth for wireless connectivity.
It has a decent sound signature with a frequency response of 24 Hz to 192 KHz, covering all the frequency ranges quite well.
- Supports Dolby Atmos audio formats.
- Compatible with Xbox Series X and has diverse connectivity options.
- Dedicated audio presets for gaming.
- Compact size, easily portable.
- Incorporates equalizers.
- The sound may get distorted at higher volumes.
- Doesn’t have a subwoofer for enhanced bass.
Best Soundbars For Xbox Series X: Renowned Manufacturers
Bose is known worldwide for its high-quality audio products. So, if you have been using Bose audio products for quite a while and want to choose one for your Xbox Series X from the same manufacturer, the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 is for you.
This soundbar has a strong and sturdy build and is made of high-quality material. It has a premium sound quality like all other Bose products and integrates a proprietary Bose True Space Spatial processing system to create a full surround stage. Furthermore, this soundbar features voice assistants for hands-free control and an HDMI eARC port connecting it to the Xbox Series X.
- Supports Dolby Atmos and DTS: X.
- Immersive audio delivery.
- Voice Controlling.
- HDMI eARC port.
- No separate subwoofer.
JBL is another renowned brand famous among audiophiles and home theater enthusiasts for its rugged, high-quality audio product manufacturing. JBL soundbar 9.1 is no exception. It has a highly rugged design with a deep, rich, and authentic audio signature to make you feel in the middle of the game.
In addition, it supports high-quality Dolby formats. It can create the most immersive audio experience when used with two satellite speakers on either side of the soundbar and a subwoofer. It has an HDMI eARC port, making it compatible with your Xbox Series X.
- Powerful audio output of 820 Watts.
- Bluetooth and HDMI eARC.
- Subwoofer included.
- Dolby Atmos drivers for 3D sound effects.
- Very Expensive.
- No app.
Choosing a soundbar for your Xbox Series X may seem daunting at first. However, a good starting point is to make a list of your requirements to help you make an informed choice. Consider different factors like your room acoustics, your sound requirements, the budget features that you want your soundbar to have, and the supported high-end audio formats. Once you have made up your mind about what you need, finding a soundbar won’t seem that challenging.
By following the steps in the buying guide above, you should be able to make a faster and more informed decision. Furthermore, I have also listed the best soundbars that are compatible with the Xbox Series X above from different price ranges and with different features. Just check them out with the list you have made to see which is the One for you.
I’m Shaun Conroy, an audiophile & founder of HiFi Audios. Holding a Bachelor’s in Sound Engineering, I bring deep expertise in audio devices and offer insights & recommendations to fellow enthusiasts.