Soundcore Earbuds are ideal for audiophiles or people who like hands-free calling features. These earbuds have excellent audio quality and several features that make the earbuds worthwhile. However, like any other gadget, the Soundcore earbuds are also prone to malfunctioning.
Most of the problems with the Soundcore earbuds could be resolved by simply resetting the earbuds to the factory settings. It helps restore the default settings of the earbuds and fix the problem you’re facing.
Here’s a complete guide about how to Reset your Soundcore Earbuds to factory settings and when to perform the factory reset.
Quick Answer: Resetting your Soundcore earbuds depends on the model of earbuds that you are using. Here’s how you can factory reset most of the Soundcore Earbuds models: Put the earbuds in the charging case and leave the case open. Press the button at the backside of the charging case for about 10 seconds. Wait until the LED flashes red three times, indicating that the pairing information has been cleared and the earbuds have been restored to their factory settings.
When To Reset Soundcore Earbuds?
You need to reset your Soundcore earbuds to factory settings in several cases. Here are some common scenarios:
- Faulty Settings/Firmware Bug: A firmware bug can cause several problems in the soundcore earbuds, including earbuds not charging, no audio, and a lot more. So, if you think there’s a firmware bug hauling the normal operation of the earbuds, try performing a factory reset on the earbuds.
- Not Turning On/Off: If your Soundcore earbuds continue to turn off/not turn on, you can try restoring them to factory settings. It will resolve the problem that you’re facing.
- Not Charging: Sometimes, you may find that your Soundcore earbuds have stopped charging and won’t start charging despite all your efforts. It could be because of several reasons like broken charging cable, earbuds not placed in the case properly, and many more. However, if everything else looks fine, but your Soundcore earbud still won’t charge, you can try a factory reset to fix the problem.
- Not Pairing with Audio Source: If your Soundcore earbuds are not pairing with any audio source, you can try to perform a factory reset to resolve all pairing issues.
- Gifting Someone/Returning: If you plan on gifting your earbuds to someone else or have to return them to the retailer for an exchange, it’s best to remove all the custom settings and the paired devices. You can do this by simply performing a factory reset.
How to Factory Reset Different Soundcore Earbuds Models?
Here’s how you can reset different models of Soundcore earbuds.
|Steps to Reset
|Liberty Air 2 Pro
|Put the earbuds in the charging case and leave it open. Press and hold the button on the charging case for about ten seconds until the LED flashes white three times.
|Liberty 2 Pro Upgraded Version
|Liberty 2 Pro
|Life Dot 2
|Put the earbuds in the charging case and make sure they are being charged. Press and hold buttons on the earbuds for 3 seconds. Wait until the LED indicator flashes red three times and then turn White.
|Put the earbuds in the charging case and leave it open. Press and hold the button at the back of the charging case for about 10 seconds until the LED indicator flashes thrice. Wait until the LED flashes rapidly, showing the reset was successful.
|Liberty 3 Pro, Liberty 4
|Place the earbuds into the charging case and leave it open. Press and hold the button at the back of the case for about 8-10 seconds until it flashes red three times, and then it flashes white rapidly.
|Liberty Air 2
|Place the earbuds in the charging case and leave it open. Press and hold the button on the charging case for about 10 seconds until 3 LED indicators on the charging case flash white three times and then flash white in sequence.
|Life Dot 2 NC/XR
|Life A2 NC
|Life A2 NC+
|Spirit Dot 2
|Put the earbuds in the charging case and ensure that they are being charged.
Press the button at the back of the case 5 times until the LED indicator flashes RED 3 times.
|Place the earbuds in the charging case and leave it open.Press and hold the button on the charging case for about 10 seconds until 3 LED indicators on the charging case flash white three times and then flash white in sequence.
|Life Note 3
What If Factory Reset Doesn’t Solve the Problem
Here are some troubleshooting steps if factory resetting doesn’t resolve the problem.
- If your earbuds are not charging and factory resettings don’t solve the problem, check the charging cable and earbuds placement in the charging case.
- If your earbuds keep turning off, check the charging level and power button if it’s stuck. Take a bobby pin to release the button.
- If your earbuds are not pairing with an audio source and factory resetting doesn’t resolve the problem, try changing the audio source to see if the problem is resolved. You may also try another streaming platform to see if the problem is with the earbuds or the streaming platform.
- Finally, you may contact their customer service for guidance if nothing else works. They’ll guide you about the issue or call for a repair or exchange if the warranty is valid.
The Soundcore earbuds, although, make a great choice for any audiophile or people on the move; however, like all electronic devices, they are not without their issues, including not charging, not turning on/off, not connecting to source, and many more.
In most cases, the problem can be resolved by performing a factory reset. Follow the steps mentioned above according to the model of earbuds you’re using. If the problem is not resolved, you may try other troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Factory resetting erases all the saved data, paired devices, and customized settings, whereas unpairing the devices merely removes the device from the earbud’s connectivity options.
Yes, factory resetting the earbuds will erase all the custom settings from the earbuds.
No, the earbuds will be restored to default settings once you perform a factory reset. All the custom settings and paired devices will be removed from the earbuds, and you’ll have to adjust the settings and pair the devices again. There’s no way to undo a factory reset.
Sound quality issues might be due to different reasons, including problems in audio sources, connectivity issues, or software bugs. Factory reset may resolve some of these problems; however, you’ll have to contact Soundcore customer service for complex cases.
It’s unnecessary; however, charging the earbuds enough before factory resetting them is suggested.
I’m Shaun Conroy, an audiophile & founder of HiFi Audios. Holding a Bachelor’s in Sound Engineering, I bring deep expertise in audio devices and offer insights & recommendations to fellow enthusiasts.