Wireless earbuds have become increasingly popular in recent years, they allow the user to enjoy music without the mess of tangled wires and also for hands-free calling. Skullcandy earbuds are quite famous for their sleek design and immersive sound quality. However, these earbuds may sometimes go through technical glitches.
There are several cases when you have to reset the Skullcandy wireless earbuds that you’re using, and the method of resetting the Skullcandy earbuds varies from one model to another.
Here’s a guide to help you understand when to reset your Skullcandy earbuds and the resetting method for different models.
How You can Reset Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds All Models
Let’s see how you can reset the Skullcandy wireless earbuds. You can proceed to the factory reset steps according to your earbuds model.
Here are the reset steps for general Skullcandy Indy earbuds; however, there’s a slight variation of steps for the different variants of Indy earbuds, i.e., Indy Wireless, Indy Evo and Fuel, and Indy ANC and ANC Fuel.
Here are the factory reset steps for general Skullcandy Indy earbuds:
- Put both earbuds back into the case.
- With earbuds inside the case, press and hold the button at the backside of the earbuds. Wait until the LED lights on both earbuds start flashing blue and red.
- Wait until the earbuds turn off automatically, complete the reset, and remove all existing settings and pairing.
- Once you’ve reset your Indy earbuds, take them out of the case to start pairing again.
- Put the earbuds in the case, then take out the right earbud.
- Tap the control panel touch button four times the LED light will turn red.
- Now, wait for the earbud to turn off and reset.
- Put the earbud back in the case and repeat the same process for the left earbud.
Indy Evo and Fuel
- Take out both earbuds from the case.
- Tap and hold the control panel touch button of the earbuds for about 5 to 6 seconds to turn the earbuds off.
- Hold the same button for about 10 seconds to start the reset process.
Indy ANC and ANC Fuel
- Remove the earbuds from the case and tap and hold the control panel touch button for about 6 seconds to turn it off.
- Hold the same button for 15 seconds and wait until the LED lights turn Blue.
- As the LED light turns blue, tap each earbud’s control touch panel button twice.
- Wait until the LED light turns purple, indicating the reset is complete.
Skullcandy JIB Earbuds
- Unpair your JIB earbuds from the connected device and turn off the Bluetooth of your mobile/device to which you have connected the earbuds.
- Remove the earbuds from the case and turn them off by holding the control touch button on the backside of both earbuds for about 4 seconds.
- Once the earbuds are powered off, tap and hold the same button for 10 more seconds to completely reset it.
- Wait for the earbuds to turn off and then turn on automatically. Put the earbuds back in the case and see if the red light starts flashing. It means you have successfully reset the earbud and are ready to pair it with any device.
- Take the earbuds out of the case to turn them on.
- Double press the button at the back of both earbuds and then continue to press and hold the buttons for 2 seconds.
- This will automatically reset your earbuds.
Skullcandy Sesh Earbuds
Put both earbuds in the case. Now, turn on the left earbud by removing it from the case.
- Press the control panel touch button at the backside of the earbud six times. Wait for the LED to flash red and the earbud to power off automatically.
- Repeat the same steps for the right earbud.
- Next, put the earbud back in the case, and take both out simultaneously to sync and connect to each other.
- Remove the earbuds from the case.
- Press the button at the backside of the earbuds to manually power off the earbuds.
- Press the same button for ten more seconds to start the reset.
- Remove the earbuds from the case and wait for them to turn on.
- Press the button on both earbuds for three seconds simultaneously.
- Wait for the LED to flash red two times and then flash Blue twice. Once you see these two lights, you’ll hear a tone indicating a successful reset.
Skullcandy Push Earbuds
- Remove the earbuds from the case and press the control button at the backside of the earbuds to turn them off.
- Now press the power button on each earbud for about 6 seconds.
- Wait until the earbuds are powered off. Now hold both buttons together for about 15 seconds to reset the earbuds.
- Remove the earbuds from the case.
- Press and hold the button at the backside of the earbuds to switch them off manually.
- Press and hold the same button for 10 seconds to start the reset. Wait for the LED lights to turn red and then blue, indicating a successful reset.
Certainly! Below are concise reset methods for some of the models not included in your article, based on your competitor’s article.
How to Reset Skullcandy Grind Earbuds
- Turn On: Extract both earbuds from the case, listening for a voice prompt indicating they are on.
- Reset: Press and hold the right earbud’s control button for 3 seconds, resetting both earbuds.
How to Reset Skullcandy Vinyl Earbuds
- Extract & Turn Off: Remove Vinyl earbuds from the charging case and manually turn them off by pressing the control button on both earbuds for 4 seconds.
- Reset: Press and hold the control button on both earbuds for 10 seconds until the LEDs flash blue, then red.
How to Reset Skullcandy Spoke Earbuds
- Remove & Turn Off: Take the earbuds out of the case and press the control button on both earbuds for 4 seconds to turn them off.
- Reset: Continue to press the control button on each earbud for 10 seconds. The LEDs should flash blue and then red, indicating a successful reset.
How to Reset Skullcandy Vert Wireless Earbuds
- Power On: Switch on your Vert earbuds.
- Reset: While pressing the center button, hold the dial and turn the outer ring clockwise for 3 seconds until the LED on the outer ring changes color, indicating a successful reset.
How to Reset Skullcandy Mod Earbuds
- Start: Extract both earbuds from the charging case and wait for the voice prompt.
- Reset: Press and hold the control button for both earbuds for 3 seconds, until the earbuds flash red twice, then blue twice, and you hear a voice prompt indicating a successful reset.
How to Reset Skullcandy Method Earbuds
- Volume Press: With the earbuds on, press the Volume + and – keys simultaneously until you hear two beeps and the LEDs flash blue and red.
- Turn Off & Reset: Press the track control button for 4 seconds to complete the reset and turn off your earbuds.
When Do You Need to Reset Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds?
Here are some scenarios when you need to reset your Skullcandy wireless earbuds.
- Connectivity Problem: Sometimes your Skullcandy earbuds do not connect to any audio source, despite all efforts. In this case, you need to reset your earbuds, put them back in pairing mode after resetting them, and try connecting them back to the device to see if the problem is resolved.
- Glitchy or Imbalanced Audio: Your Skullcandy earbuds may struggle to deliver clear audio. You may notice frequent glitches in audio delivery or cracking or distorted audio from your earbuds. In some cases, you may notice an imbalance in audio delivery, i.e., one earbud delivers audio all right, and the other quiet. This could be similar to the issue where the left earbud doesn’t work. You may try resetting your Skullcandy wireless earbuds in these cases to resolve the issue.
You may try resetting your Skullcandy wireless earbuds in these cases to resolve the issue.
- Software Bug: A problem with your Skullcandy earbuds software can also cause many problems, which you can easily resolve by resetting.
- Battery Charging Problem: Another apparent reason you need to reset your Skullcandy earbuds is when your earbuds are not charging. In some cases, the earbuds are not charging because of a broken or damaged cable. However, if your charging cable and power outlet seem fine, you can fix this problem by resetting your Skullcandy earbuds.
Common Problems and Solutions for Wireless Earbuds
Problem 1: Earbuds Not Turning On or Connecting
- Ensure the earbuds are fully charged.
- Perform a reset on the earbuds by following specific instructions related to the model.
- Repair the earbuds with your device by removing them from the list of paired devices and connecting them again.
Problem 2: Only One Earbud Connecting or Playing Sound
- Reset the earbuds by following the specific reset instructions for the model, usually involving holding down the power button or another button for a certain period.
- Ensure both earbuds are adequately charged.
- Clear any existing pairings and re-pair the earbuds to your device.
Problem 3: Earbuds Desyncing from Each Other
- Perform a reset by holding down the buttons on the earbuds until they power cycle, turn them off and place them back in the charging case, then remove them, and allow them to sync to each other before connecting to a device.
- Clear the device’s Bluetooth list and re-pair the earbuds.
- Ensure the earbuds are correctly placed in the charging case and are receiving charge.
Problem 4: Difficulty in Pairing the Earbuds
- Turn off Bluetooth on the device, perform a reset on the earbuds, and then try to pair again.
- Remove any existing pairings from the device and attempt to re-pair.
- Follow the manual’s instructions carefully for pairing, ensuring the earbuds are in the correct mode and the device’s Bluetooth is searching for new connections.
- Users experiencing problems are advised to refer to the manual provided with the product for precise instructions on resetting, pairing, and troubleshooting.
- Regularly updating the firmware of the earbuds, if applicable, can also prevent many issues.
- If problems persist, it is recommended to contact the manufacturer’s customer service for further assistance or potential replacement under warranty.
Specific Model Advice
Skullcandy Crusher Wireless
- Hold down the power button until the headphone is turned off and then back on.
- Manually power off the earbuds and hold the button on each bud for 10 seconds to completely reset them.
Indy Evo Wireless
- Reset by holding down the touch control until the LED light begins to flash blue and red, and then place them back in the case before re-pairing.
Notes for Users:
- It’s crucial to follow the reset and sync instructions carefully and patiently.
- Ensure the earbuds are fully charged before attempting to reset or sync.
- Users may need to attempt the reset process multiple times before successful pairing.
- Ensure that only one earbud is blinking blue and red during pairing; this is usually the left one, signaling it is ready for pairing.
For audiophiles who enjoy music and hassle-free calls, Skullcandy earbuds are a great choice. However, it’s normal for electronic gadgets to have some technical issues now and then.
Factory resetting the earbuds can help resolve these problems in most cases. You need to identify your earbuds model and follow the correct resetting steps to factory reset your Skullcandy earbuds. It will restore the default settings of the earbuds and remove all the customized settings, which means you’ll have to pair them back with your device.
I’m Shaun Conroy, an audiophile & founder of HiFi Audios. Holding a Bachelor’s in Sound Engineering, I bring deep expertise in audio devices and offer insights & recommendations to fellow enthusiasts.